Features and Benefits
- Operation from Inputs as Low as 0.7V
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V Output at 800mA (DC-DC)
- +2.85V Output at 500mA (LDO)
- Both Outputs Are Adjustable with External Resistors
- Two Complete Circuits (Both Package Types)
- 1µA IC Shutdown Current
- 1MHz PWM Switching Frequency (for Small, Surface-Mount Components)
- Programmable Operating Mode
- Built-In 500mA LDO Linear Regulator
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1765 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that contains two separate switching-regulator and linear-regulator circuits. Both circuits are configured for a +3.3V DC-DC output, which provides up to 800mA of current. They also contain a low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator that is configured for a +2.85V output and provides up to 500mA at the output. The two circuits differ only in their package type: the low-power circuit (left side) uses a 16-pin QSOP that can dissipate up to 696mW, while the high-power circuit (right side) uses a 16-pin TSSOP-EP that can dissipate up to 1700mW.
The MAX1765 features an internal N-channel MOSFET switch and a P-channel synchronous rectifier, and a pin-selectable forced pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode. The MAX1765 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency (up to 96%) for maximum battery life. Operation at 1MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components.
- Cell Phones