Features and Benefits
- Wide 4.5V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- MAX17644AEVKIT# Offers High 87.28% Efficiency (VIN1 = 24V, VOUT1 = 3.3V, IOUT1 = 2.7A)
- MAX17644BEVKIT# Offers High 90.77% Efficiency (VIN2 = 24V, VOUT2 = 5V, IOUT2 = 2.7A)
- MAX17644C5EVKIT# Offers High 90.77% Efficiency (VIN3 = 24V, VOUT3 = 5V, IOUT3 = 2.7A)
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Selectable PWM, PFM, and DCM Modes of Operation
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Active-Low RESET Outputs, with Pullup Resistor to Respective VCC
- Provision to Synchronize the Converters to an External Clock Source
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR32 (EN55032) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
The MAX17644 evaluation kit (comprising the MAX17644AEVKIT#, MAX17644BEVKIT#, and MAX17644C5EVKIT# EV kits) provides proven designs to evaluate the MAX17644A, MAX17644B, and MAX17644C high-efficiency, high-voltage Himalaya synchronous DC-DC converters.
The MAX17644AEVKIT# EV kit delivers up to 2.7A, with a fixed 3.3V output (VOUT1). The EV kit is configured to operate at 500kHz (fSW1) switching frequency over a 4.5V to 36V input voltage range.
The MAX17644BEVKIT# EV kit delivers up to 2.7A, with a fixed 5V output (VOUT2). The EV kit is configured to operate at 500kHz (fSW2) switching frequency over a 6.5V to 36V input voltage range.
The MAX17644C5EVKIT# EV kit delivers up to 2.7A, with a configured 5V output (VOUT3). The EV kit is also configured to operate at 500kHz (fSW3) switching frequency over a 6.5V to 36V input voltage range.
The EV kits are configured to demonstrate the optimum performance and component size. The EV kits provide provisions for enable/disable settings and selecting the modes of operation (pulse-width modulation/pulsefrequency modulation/discontinuous-conduction mode [PWM/PFM/DCM]). The EV kits feature programmable input undervoltage-lockout (UVLO), adjustable soft-start, open-drain active-low RESET signal, and external clock synchronization. The EV kits also provide a good layout example, which is optimized for conducted, radiated EMI, and thermal performance. For more details, refer to the Benefits and Features section in the MAX17644 IC data sheet.
- Base Station Power Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- General-Purpose Point-of-Load
- High Voltage Single-Board Systems
- Industrial Control Power Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
Documentation & Resources
MAX17644BEVKIT ODB File - Design Files1/25/2023TGZ1M
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.