Features and Benefits
- Operates Over a Wide Input Range
- MAX17577EVKIT#: VOUT1 = -12V, IOUT1 = 0.8A, VIN1 Range = 16V to 48V
- MAX17578EVKIT#: VOUT2 = -5V, IOUT2 = 1A, VIN2 Range = 16V to 55V
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- RESET Output with a Pull-Up Resistor to an External Supply
- System Ground Interfaced EN/UVLO and Active-Low RESET Pins
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR32 (EN55032) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
The MAX17577EVKIT# and MAX17578EVKIT# evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the MAX17577 and MAX17578 high-efficiency, high-voltage, inverting, Himalaya synchronous DC-DC converters. The devices generate output voltages (VOUT) from -0.9V to -36V and can deliver up to 1A of load current from a wide 4.5V to 60V-|VOUT| input voltage range.
The MAX17577EVKIT# EV kit generates -12V output (VOUT1) at load currents up to 0.8A from a 16V to 48V input supply and operates at 600kHz switching frequency. This EV kit configuration features MAX17577 that operates in continuous conduction mode (CCM) at all loads, thus, providing a constant frequency operation.
The MAX17578EVKIT# EV kit generates -5V output (VOUT2) at load currents up to 1A from a 16V to 55V input supply and operates at 600kHz switching frequency. This EV kit configuration features MAX17578 that operates in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) for superior efficiency at light loads.
The EV kits are configured for optimum efficiency and component size. The EV kits feature programmable enable and input undervoltage-lockout (UVLO), softstart, open-drain active-low RESET signal and external clock synchronization. The EV kits also provide a good layout example, which are optimized for conducted, radiated EMI, and thermal performance. For more details about the device Benefits and Features, refer to the MAX17577, MAX17578 IC data sheet.
- Gate-Drive Circuits
- General-Purpose Point-of-Load
- High-Voltage, Single-Board System
- Industrial Control Power Supply
- Motion Control
- Wall-Transformer Regulation
Documentation & Resources
MAX17577EVKIT ODB Files - Design Files5/4/2023ZIP1 M
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.