Features and Benefits
- 8V to 24V Input Operation
- Software Controlled
- Input Source Current Up to 11A
- Charge Current Up to 7A
- Charge Voltage Up to 19.2V
- Relearn Voltage Up to 19.2V
- IINP Voltage Readback
- Monitor Outputs for
- AC Adapter Current/Battery Discharge Current
- AC Adapter Presence
- 5.4V Linear Regulator Output
- Automatic Power-Source Selection
- Proven PCB Layout
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit Generates SMBus-Compatible Signals
- USB-PC Connection (Cable Included)
- PCB Pads for User-Supplied SMBus-Compatible Signals
- Evaluates the MAX17435ETG+ in 24-Pin TQFN Package with Exposed Pad
- Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17435 evaluation kit (EV kit) is an assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX17435 IC. The MAX17435 is a multichemistry battery charger controller with SMBus™ programmable charge current, charge voltage, input-current limit, relearn voltage, and digital readback of the IINP voltage. The EV kit is capable of supplying power to a system load while simultaneously charging multichemistry battery packs. During operation, the EV kit circuit automatically selects the AC adapter input or the battery as the main power source for supplying power to the system load. Whenever the EV kit current limit is exceeded, the battery-charge current is reduced automatically to give priority to the system load.
The EV kit's input-current limit, battery-charge voltage, and maximum battery-charge current can be programmed through the SMBus-compatible serial interface, communicating at data rates up to 100kbps. The SMBus data is sent through an on-board USB interface circuit using a PC or a user-supplied SMBus controller.
The EV kit also features Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides a user interface for exercising the MAX17435's features. The program is menu driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) complete with buttons and checkboxes.
- 2- to 4-Li+ Cell Battery-Powered Devices
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs and Mobile Communicators
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.