Features and Benefits
- High Speed, Accuracy, and Efficiency
- Fast-Response QUICK-PWM Architecture
- 7V to 24V Input Voltage Range
- 1.25V to 2V Output Voltage Range
- 7A Peak Load-Current Capability (5.5A Continuous)
- 93% Efficient (VOUT = 2V, VBATT = 7V, ILOAD = 4A)
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- No Current-Sense Resistor
- Remote GND and VOUT Sensing
- Power-Good Output
- 24-Pin QSOP Package
- Low-Profile Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1710 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the data sheet’s standard 7A notebook CPU application circuit (see MAX1710/MAX1711 data sheet). This DC-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating a precision, low-voltage CPU core VCC rail.
The circuit was designed for a 7V to 24V battery range, but accommodates from 4.5V to 24V. Some parameters, such as load-transient response and maximum thermal load capability, may be degraded by going outside the 7V to 24V range. The continuous output current rating, based on worst-case MOSFET RDS(ON), heat sinking, and other thermal stress issues, is 5.5A at TA = +70°C.
This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board. It also allows the evaluation of the MAX1711.
- CPU Core DC-DC Converters
- Docking Stations
- Notebook Computers
- Single-Stage (BATT to VCORE) Converters
- Two-Stage (+5V to VCORE) Converters
Documentation & Resources
MAX1710EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX1710, MAX1711 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)5/15/2000285K