Features and Benefits
- +2.5V to +5.5V Input Range
- Output Voltages
- +16V Output at 450mA (+4.5V to +5.5V Input Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- +30V Output at 50mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -10V Output at 50mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- ±150mA High-Current Op-Amp Output
- Resistor-Adjustable Switching Regulator and Op-Amp Output Range
- Digitally Programmable VCOM Output Voltage
- Seven +35V to -10V High-Voltage Level-Shifting Buffers
- > 85% Efficiency (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- 1.2MHz Step-Up Switching Frequency
- SMBus-Compatible Interface
- Windows 2000/XP- and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17102 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that provides the voltages and features required for active-matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT), liquid-crystal displays (LCDs). The EV kit contains an SMBus™-compatible interface, a step-up switching regulator, a positive charge pump, a negative charge pump, a VCOM amplifier with a digitally adjustable VCOM calibration device with nonvolatile memory, and seven high-voltage level-shifting buffers.
The MAX17102 EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage from +2.5V to +5.5V. The step-up switching regulator is configured for a +16V output providing at least 450mA from a +4.5V to +5.5V input. The positive charge pump is configured for a +30V output providing 50mA. The negative charge pump is configured for a -10V output providing 50mA. The VCOM calibrator is capable of providing up to ±150mA peak, and features a programmable output voltage initially configured for +7.2V. The high-voltage, level-shifting scan driver buffers seven logic inputs (A2–A8) and shifts them to a desired level (Y2–Y8) for driving TFT-LCD row logic.
The MAX17102 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency (> 85%) for maximum battery life. Operation at 1.2MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components.
Windows® 2000/XP®- and Windows Vista®-compatible software is also available for use with the MAX17102 EV kit and can be downloaded from www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware.
- LCD Monitor Panels