Features and Benefits
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Range
- 4.5V to 5.5V for Full Output Power
- 1.2MHz Step-Up Switching Frequency
- Output Voltages
- +14V Output at 500mA (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- +25V Output at 20mA (Positive Linear Regulator)
- -10V Output at 20mA (Negative Linear Regulator)
- ±200mA High-Current Op-Amp Output
- Resistor-Adjustable Switching Regulator and Op-Amp Output Range
- Digitally Programmable Op-Amp Output Voltage
- +35V to -15V High-Voltage Level-Shifting Drivers
- > 85% Efficiency (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- On-Board I²C Interface Control Through USB
- Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17100 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that provides the voltages and features required for active-matrix, thinfilm transistor (TFT), liquid-crystal displays (LCDs). The EV kit contains a high-voltage step-up switching regulator, four high-current op amps, two linear regulators, two high-voltage switching blocks for gate-driver supply modulation, a digitally adjustable VCOM calibrator, and six independent scan drivers.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 2.5V to 5.5V. The step-up switching regulator is configured for a +14V output that provides at least 500mA with an input voltage of 4.5V to 5.5V. The positive linear regulator is configured for a +25V output providing at least 20mA. The negative linear regulator is configured for a -10V output providing at least 20mA. The VCOM op amp is configured for 7V, capable of providing up to ±200mA peak current. The high-voltage, level-shifting scan driver buffers six logic inputs and shifts them to a desired level to drive TFT-LCD row logic.
The MAX17100 EV kit provides an on-board I²C interface that can be connected to a host computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The EV kit includes Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for control of the MAX17100's programmable features.
- LCD Monitors
- LCD TVs
Documentation & Resources
MAX17100EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX17100 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)10/1/2009520K