Features and Benefits
- 6V to 38V Input Range
- Internal 5V Linear Regulator with 50mA Load Capability
- Output Voltages
- VOUTA: 5V Up to 4A (Adjustable from 1V to 5.3V)
- VOUTB: 1.8V Up to 2.5A (Adjustable from 0.75V to 4V)
- VOUTC: 1.05V Up to 4A (Adjustable from 0.75V to 4V)
- VOUTD: 0.9V Up to 2A (Adjustable from 0.5V to 2V)
- 0.5MHz Switching Frequency (5V and 1.05V Outputs)
- 1MHz Switching Frequency (1.8V Output)
- Independent Enable Inputs and Power-Good Outputs
- Overvoltage and Undervoltage Fault Protection
- Thermal Fault Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17019N evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX17019's standard application circuit. This quad-output converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating main supplies for ultra-mobile PCs (UMPCs).
The EV kit provides a 5V main stage output voltage (VOUTA), a 1.8V VDDQ output voltage (VOUTB), a 1.05V chipset supply output voltage (VOUTC), and a 0.9V VTT output voltage (VOUTD) from a 6V to 38V battery input range. It delivers up to 4A output current for the 5V output, 2.5A for the 1.8V output, 4A for the 1.05V output, and 2A for the 0.9V output. The 1.8V VDDQ and 0.9V VTT are for DDR2 memory applications. All outputs are adjustable by changing feedback resistors R5–R10.
The IC also has an internal fixed 5V linear regulator capable of supplying 50mA. The EV kit operates at 0.5MHz (VOUTA and VOUTC) and at 1MHz switching frequency (VOUTB). The EV kit has superior line- and load-transient response.
This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board. It also allows the evaluation of other fixed output voltages by changing R5–R10 resistors.
- Automotive Battery-Powered Devices
- Embedded Control Systems
- Set-Top Box
Documentation & Resources
MAX17019NEVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX17019 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)7/7/2011988K