Features and Benefits
- Integrated Dedicated-Charging and Host-Charger Port-Detection Circuitry
- Supports Charging Current from 500mA to 3A
- USB 2.0-Compliant LS/FS and HS Operation
- Short-to-Battery, Short-to-Ground, and Overcurrent Protection on Protected HVBUS Output
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-HVBUS Protection on Protected HVD+ and HVD- Outputs
- USB-Powered or User-Supplied Power Supplies
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout
The MAX16971 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16970/MAX16971 automotive USB 2.0 protector ICs. The devices support Hi-Speed, full-speed, and low-speed operation. In addition, the devices also include integrated circuitry to enable fast charging for consumer devices adhering to the Apple® 1A dedicated charging mode, the USB-IF host-charger port-detection protocol, and the China YD/T 1591-2009 standard. Dedicated charging modes feature autodetection, which automatically selects the correct dedicated charging protocol for the connected portable device (PD). The device part numbers with GEEB and GTEB suffixes also support independent control of the +5V bus per the USB-IF OTG specification, and add Apple 2.1A dedicated charging support.
The EV kit comes with the MAX16971GEEA/V+ installed, and uses an on-board MAX15007A automotive regulator to provide the IN logic power supply. Contact the factory for free samples of the pin-compatible variants of the MAX16970/MAX16971 ICs, which offer additional dedicated charging-mode functionality and active-low enable logic.
- Automotive Connectivity
- Automotive Radio and Navigation
- USB Hub
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.