Features and Benefits
- 4.5V to 36V Wide Input Voltage Range (40V Load-Dump Tolerant)
- One High-Voltage 2.1A Buck Converter (5V or 3.3V)
- One High-Voltage 100mA Low-IQ Linear Regulator (3.3V)
- One Low-Voltage 1.6A Buck Converter (3.3V, 1.8V, 1.2V, or 1.1V)
- One Low-Voltage 180mA Linear Regulator (3.3V, 1.8V, 1.5V or 1.1V)
- Power-Good Outputs
- Integrated Watchdog Timer
- Programmable Switching Frequency (400kHz, 440kHz, 2MHz, 2.2MHz)
- Spread Spectrum
- Proven PCB Layout
- Automotive CISPR25 CLASS5 compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16923 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB used to evaluate the MAX16923 automotive 4-output display-power solution. The MAX16923 is a 4-channel power-management IC designed to accommodate the main rails used in modern automotive TFT displays. The MAX16923 integrates a high-voltage buck converter that transforms battery voltages into a 5V or 3.3V intermediate rail. In addition, a high-voltage, always-on, low-quiescent-current linear regulator supplies power at 3.3V. The low-voltage section consists of a fully-integrated DC/DC converter and an LDO running off the intermediate rail. A single START control pin initiates the start-up sequence, thereby simplifying device control. The MAX16923’s external PMOSFET control block allows battery voltage to be switched to a downstream device, such as a backlight boost converter. The MAX16923 also embeds a watchdog timer and selectable switching frequencies with spread spectrum.
- Central Information Displays
- Infotainment Displays
- Instrument Clusters
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.