Features and Benefits
- 6V to 18V Input Supply Voltage Range
- Load-Dump Protection Circuit Withstands Input Transients Up to 45V
- 5V at 1.2A Output (OUT1 from DC-DC1)
- 3.3V at 600mA Output (OUT2 from DC-DC2)
- 2.5V at 300mA Output (OUT3 from LDO1)
- 1.8V at 300mA Output (OUT4 from LDO2)
- 180° Out-of-Phase Operation Reduces Input Capacitance
- 2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Forced-PWM and Skip Mode Operation
- Enable Input (EN)
- Power-Good Reset Output (Active-Low RESET)
- Evaluates the MAX16922 Family in a 20-Pin TQFN (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm) Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16922 evaluation kit (EV kit) is an assembled and tested circuit board that contains all the components necessary to evaluate the MAX16922 IC family. The MAX16922 is a dual-output, step-down DC-DC converter and dual low dropout (LDO) linear regulator. The EV kit is powered from a DC supply providing 6V to 18V and up to 3A. The EV kit is designed to withstand a load-dump condition up to 45V.
The EV kit is shipped with the MAX16922ATPE/V+ installed. This MAX16922 version is capable of delivering 5V at 1.2A from the first step-down DC-DC converter (DC-DC1) and 3.3V at up to 600mA from the second step-down DC-DC converter (DC-DC2). The first LDO linear regulator (LDO1) provides 2.5V and up to 300mA, while the second LDO linear regulator (LDO2) provides 1.8V and up to 300mA. The MAX16922 switching frequency is 2.2MHz and the two DC-DC converters switch 180° out of phase with respect to each other. The DC-DC2 can operate in PWM mode to prevent AM band interference or high-efficiency skip mode. The EV kit includes an enable input (EN) and a power-good reset output (active-low RESET) to monitor the output voltages of the two DC-DC converters.
Documentation & Resources
MAX16922EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX16922 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)3/23/2010988K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.