Features and Benefits
- 6.5V to 65V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- 666mA HB LED Current
- Digital PWM Dimming Control
- Analog Dimming Control
- Thermal-Foldback and Temperature-Simulation Circuit
- Demonstrates a Thermally Optimized PCB Layout Design
- Evaluates MAX16832A (IC Replacement Required)
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16832C evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16832C hysteretic current-mode high-brightness LED (HB LED) driver IC. The MAX16832C EV kit is configured as a step-down topology with a constant-current HB LED driver circuit for external HB LEDs. The MAX16832C EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 6.5V to 65V and is configured to deliver 666mA of current to user-supplied HB LEDs. The output voltage for the HB LED string can go up to 64V and depends upon the EV kit's input voltage.
The MAX16832C EV kit can be configured for digital pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming operation using a digital PWM input signal. The EV kit circuit also features a thermal-foldback and temperature-simulation circuit feature. The MAX16832C EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount board. Additionally, the PCB layout design has been maximized for optimum thermal dissipation. The MAX16832C EV kit can also evaluate a MAX16832A after replacing the IC, which can be ordered from the number listed in the full data sheet.
Warning: Voltages exceeding 42V could exist on the LED+ and LED- output pads.
- Architectural, Industrial, and Ambient Lighting
- Automotive RCL, DRL, and Fog Lights
- Heads-Up Displays
- Indicator and Emergency Lighting
- MR16 and MR111 LED Lights
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.