Features and Benefits
- Measures and Displays Sensor Temperature
- Simultaneously Monitors Package and a Remote Sensor
- Programs Alarms, Configuration, and Rate
- Operating Temperature Ranges:
- -55°C to +125°C (remote sensor)
- 0°C to +70°C (board)
- Easy to Use
- Windows 3.1/95 Software
- Demo PC Board
- 3.5 in. Floppy Disk
The MAX1617 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a demonstration platform for the MAX1617 temperature-sensor IC. It monitors both the junction temperature of the IC and the temperature of a remote (external) diode-connected transistor, and converts these temperatures to 8-bit, 2-wire serial data. A 2N3904 remote temperature-sensor transistor comes soldered to the board in a SOT23 package, but for more realistic experiments, it can easily be removed and connected via a twisted pair to the DXP and DXN terminals.
The EV kit is designed to be connected to a standard IBM®-compatible PC parallel printer port. Signals from the parallel port are converted to open-drain SMBus clock and data by a 74HC05 logic chip on the board. An on-board MAX883 linear regulator with reverse voltage protection steps down the unregulated DC input to 5V to power the glue logic, the MAX1617, and the SMBus pull-up resistors.
The software runs under Windows® 3.1 or 95. This user-friendly program is menu-driven and offers a graphic user interface with control buttons and numeric data displays.
- Central Office Telecom Equipment
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Industrial Controls
- LAN Servers
- Multichip Modules
- Smart Battery Packs/Chargers
- Test and Measurement Equipment