Features and Benefits
- 7V to 24V Input Voltage Range
- Dynamically Selectable Output Voltages 1.0V/1.5V (OUT1, Adjustable from 0.7V to 5.5V)
- Fixed 2.5V/1.8V Output Voltage (OUT2, Adjustable from 0.7V to 5.5V)
- Fixed 5V or Adjustable 100mA Linear Regulator
- 4A Output Current for Each Output
- 355kHz/485kHz Switching Frequency (OUT2/OUT1, Respectively)
- Selectable Inductor Saturation Protection
- Separate Power-Good Outputs
- Selectable Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Low-Profile Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1541 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX1541's standard 4A application circuit. This DC-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating precision low-voltage GPU, DPR, and chipset power supplies for notebook computers.
The MAX1541 EV kit provides a dynamically adjustable 1.0V/1.5V output voltage (OUT1), a fixed 2.5V output voltage (OUT2), and a fixed 5V, 100mA linear regulator (LDOOUT) from the 7V to 24V battery input range. It delivers up to 4A output current for each output voltage with greater than 90% efficiency. The EV kit operates at 355kHz/485kHz switching frequency (OUT2/OUT1, respectively) and has superior line- and load-transient response.
This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board. It also allows the evaluation of other dynamically adjustable output voltages in the 0.7V to 5.5V range by changing resistors R9, R10, and R11 (OUT1) and other fixed output voltages in the 0.7V to 5.5V range by changing resistors R18 and R19 (OUT2).
- 1.8V and 2.5V I/O Supplies
- Chipset/RAM Supplies as Low as 1V
- CPU Core Supplies
- Notebook Computers