Features and Benefits
- 4.75V to 28V AC-Adapter Input Range
- Up to 10A Steering Capability
- P-Channel MOSFET Steering Switches
- Adjustable Battery Minimum Voltage Level
- Adjustable Airline/AC-Adapter Detection Voltages
- Manual-or Computer-Controlled Interface
- On-Board Status LEDs
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1538 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that routes charge and discharge currents between two battery packs, a battery charger, and an AC-adapter power source. The circuit uses a MAX1538 IC in a 28-pin thin QFN package and is configured for a 4.75VDC to 28VDC AC-adapter input range.
The EV kit uses eight P-channel MOSFETs to steer current between the power sources and the load. The battery minimum voltage level sets the threshold for battery undervoltage conditions and can be adjusted from 4.65V to 13.0V.
- Dual-Battery Portable Equipment
- Internet Tablets
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers