Features and Benefits
- 1.3V to 3.6V VIN Range
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 2.7V at 2.5A
- Pin-Selectable Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, or 2.5V at 2.5A
- DDR Mode Enable (Active-Low MODE)
- Forced PWM/Pulse-Skipping Selection (Active-Low SKIP)
- Optimized Switching Frequency: 500kHz
- Shutdown Input (Active-Low SHDN)
- Power-Good Output (PGOOD)
The MAX1515 evaluation kit (EV kit) is designed to evaluate the MAX1515 constant off-time, pulse-width-modulated (PWM) source/sink step-down DC-DC converter that is optimized for use in low-voltage active-termination power solutions in notebook and subnotebook computers. The EV kit board defaults in DDR mode and accepts 1.3V to 3.6V at VIN, 3.3V at VDD as the bias, and 2.5V or 1.8V at VDDQ as the reference. An output voltage is produced at VOUT equal to VDDQ / 2 that can sink or source 2.5A.
In non-DDR mode, the voltage at VOUT is pin selectable with the following options: 1.5V, 1.8V, or 2.5V. In addition, the voltage at VOUT is adjustable from 0.5V to 2.7V.
The MAX1515 EV kit is conveniently designed with jumpers to activate the feedback selection (FBSEL0, FBSEL1), reference selection (REFIN), DDR mode (MODE), pulse-skipping mode (active-low SKIP), and shutdown mode (active-low SHDN).
- Active Termination Buses
- Chipset/Graphics Processor Supplies
- Notebook DDR Memory Termination