Features and Benefits
- +3.3V and +24V Power-Supply Operation
- On-Board IO-Link Master Transceivers (MAX14824)
- On-Board RS-485/RS-232 Multiprotocol Transceivers (MAX3160E)
- PCB Header for User-Supplied SPI- and I²C-Compatible Signals
- PCB Headers for UART Signals (J1)
- Evaluates the MAX14830 in a 48-Pin TQFN (7mm x 7mm) Package
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX14830 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX14830 quad-channel universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART) IC. Each UART contains 128 words of receive and transmit first-in/first-out (FIFO) buffer that can be controlled through the SPI or I²C interface. Each of the four UARTs are selected through SPI or I²C in-band addressing.
Each of the four UARTs can interface with an IO-Link® master transceiver or an RS-485/RS-232 multiprotocol transceiver. The EV kit contains on-board IO-Link master transceivers, RS-485/RS-232 multiprotocol transceivers, and double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) switches are used to select between the IO link and RS-485/RS-232 transceivers.
The EV kit operates from a +3.3V and a +24V DC supply and requires 100mA of current from each supply. This EV kit requires a user-supplied SPI/I²C controller and software.
The EV kit comes with a MAX14830ETM+ installed.
- Airplane Communication Buses
- Automotive Infotainment Systems
- Industrial Control Systems
- IO-Link Master Controllers
- Medical Systems
- Point-of-Sales Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.