Features and Benefits
- Loop-powered 4mA–20mA Transmitter with PWM Inputs
- Robust Operation with Wide Range Of Input Voltages
- On-Board Microcontroller to Generate Two PWM Inputs and Provide Fault Diagnostic
- Supports HART and Fieldbus H1 Communication
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 Compatible Software
The MAX12900 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX12900, loop-powered 4–20mA sensor transmitter. The EV kit includes an evaluation board and a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from a PC to the target device through a USB port.
The EV kit includes Windows® 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 compatible software for exercising the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows to set the Coarse and Fine PWM duty cycle inputs to the MAX12900 to control the 4-20mA loop current with ±1µA resolution.
The EV kit must be powered from an external +24V power supply and consumes less than 2.7mA.
The MAX12900 EV kit comes with a MAX12900ATJ+ installed in a 32-pin, 5 x 5mm TQFN-EP package.
- Industrial Automation and Process Control
- Loop-powered 4-20mA Current Transmitter
- Remote Instrumentation
- Smart Sensors
Documentation & Resources
MAX12900EVKIT ODB File - Design Files7/25/2023
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.