Features and Benefits
- Single 5V Supply Operation
- Transparent Input Clamp
- Output Buffer Drives 150Ω Standard Video Loads with a +6dB Gain
- Selectable Video Filter for High-Definition/Progressive-Scan/Standard-Definition Television
- Bypass Feature for High Bandwidth Signals
- AC- or DC-Coupled Inputs and Outputs
- Standard 75Ω Input/Output Terminations
- Surface-Mount Components
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX11508 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that contains a MAX11508 IC. The MAX11508 is a 3-channel video filter and buffer. The 3-channel filter bandwidths are selectable to accept high-definition television (HDTV), progressive-scan (PS), standard-definition television (SDTV), or bypassed for 1080p or high bandwidth RGB signals. Each channel includes a transparent input clamp and a +6dB output buffer capable of driving 2VP-P into a standard 150Ω load.
The video input and output signals on the EV kit can be AC- or DC-coupled. The MAX11508 video input terminals are terminated at 75Ω, and the output terminals are 75Ω back terminated. The EV kit operates from a single 5V DC power supply. The EV kit can also evaluate the MAX11509. The MAX11508 EV kit is shipped with a MAX11508 IC installed. To evaluate the MAX11509, contact the factory to request free samples of the pin-compatible MAX11509 IC.
- DVD Players
- HD Recorders
- Personal Video Recorders