Features and Benefits
- On-Board Protection Fuse (Optional)
- Battery-Cell String Emulation
- I²C interface (MINIQUSB Connectivity)
- Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista® (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX11068 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the capabilities of the MAX11068 advanced smart battery-pack controller. The EV kit PCB is made up of two boards, each containing nearly identical MAX11068 circuits. The left side of the EV kit is referenced as side (A) and the right side is referenced as side (B). The two-boards-in-one design provides a simple demonstration of the MAX11068's SMBus™ ladder capability. Additional vertical headers allow for the connection of multiple EV kits, supporting the maximum 31-device ladder capability of the device's I²C bus system.
Integrated into the EV kit design are two MAX11080 12-channel high-voltage battery-pack fault monitors. The MAX11080 ICs work in conjunction with the MAX11068 ICs, providing redundant overvoltage and undervoltage monitoring.
The MAX11068 evaluation system (EV system) includes the MAX11068 EV kit and the MINIQUSB command module. The MINIQUSB provides an I²C interface to a PC. The supplied command module allows the kit to be evaluated with the MAX11068 EV kit software that can be downloaded from www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware.
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) Battery Packs
- Electric Bikes
- High-Power Battery Backup Systems
- High-Voltage, Multicell Series-Stacked-Battery Systems
- Power Tools
- SuperCap Backup Systems