Lab Board LB2223B is designed to support prototyping with the following packages: MSOP-10, MSOP-8, MSOP-8E, SOIC-8, SOIC-8E, 3x3 DFN-10, 3x3 DFN-8, SOT-23-3, SOT-23-5, SOT-23-6, and SOT-23-8.
Each of the pin landing pads is connected to an edge pad to simplify wiring surface mount packages into other circuits. Additionally a center trace with pads at each end (and a center pad on the two boards on the right) is included for use as a ground trace.
- Apply a thin layer of solder to one of the corner pin landing pads (or the center pad, if using an exposed pad package, e.g. MSOP-8E, SOIC-8E, DFN-8).
- Place the IC on the board, aligning the pins with the landing pads.
- Place the tip of the soldering iron on top of the pin until the solder underneath melts and a connection is formed to the pad. Or, if using the center pad, heat that pad instead by placing one or two soldering irons on the connected center trace pads.
- Solder the remaining pins.
- Chip capacitors can be placed and soldered from a corner pad to a center trace ground pad.
- Solder wires to the edge pads as needed to wire this lab board into a larger design. Double-sided tape can be used to secure the lab board to a larger board.