Features and Benefits
- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 20 V
- ±1% output voltage accuracy
- Integrated 44 mΩ high-side MOSFET
- Continuous output current
4 A for the ADP2380
6 A for the ADP2381
- Programmable switching frequency: 250 kHz to 1.4 MHz
- Synchronizes to external clock: 250 kHz to 1.4 MHz
- 180° out-of-phase synchronization
- Programmable UVLO
- Power-good output
- External compensation
- Internal soft start with external adjustable option
- Startup into a precharged output
The ADP2380/ADP2381 evaluation board is a complete, 4 A/6 A, 20 V, step-down regulator solution that allows users to evaluate the performance of the ADP2380 and the ADP2381 with a nearly ideal printed circuit board (PCB) layout.
The switching frequency can be programmed between 250 kHz and 1.4 MHz, or it can be synchronized to an external clock with a 180° phase shift, which provides the possibility for a stackable, multiphase power solution.
The output of the ADP2380/ADP2381 evaluation board is preset to 3.3 V, and the switching frequency is set to 500 kHz. Different output voltage settings can be achieved by changing the appropriate passive components. The ambient temperature operating range is −40°C to +85°C.
Full details about the ADP2380 and ADP2381 regulators are provided in the ADP2380 and ADP2381 data sheets, which are available from Analog Devices, Inc. The data sheets should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide.