Features and Benefits
- Full featured evaluation boards for the ADN8834
- Complete TEC controller with integrated 1.5A TEC driver
- Operating voltage range: VIN = 2.7V to 5.5V
- TEC voltage and current operation monitoring
- Independent TEC heating and cooling current limit settings
- Programmable maximum TEC voltage
- External synchronization from 1.85 MHz to 3.25 MHz
- Input for NTC thermistor connection
- Output for TEC module wires
- 2.5V reference out
- Disable jumper
- 40mm × 25 mm WLCSP board size
- 45mm × 25 mm LFCSP board size
Product DetailsThe ADN8834CB-EVALZ and ADN8834CP-EVALZ are configurable evaluation boards designed to work with various TEC modules and thermistors. The ADN8834 on the evaluation board delivers and controls bidirectional current through TEC using two pairs of the complimentary integrated MOSFETs in an H-bridge configuration.
The TEC cooling and heating current limits set to 1.5 A and the maximum TEC voltage is programmed to be 3V respectively using two on-board resistor dividers. The temperature set-point circuit is optimized to work with 10 kΩ NTC thermistor. The PID compensation network components are present onboard and can be replaced by soldering different value components to match the temperature control loop characteristic with the thermal load for achieving the required response time and temperature stability. The cooling and heating TEC current limits and maximum TEC voltage setting can be modified also by changing values of the corresponding components.
In addition, the board can be plugged into the ADN8833/34 Base board that has adjustable components for tunable analog thermal PID, the temperature set point, maximum TEC current and TEC voltage limits.
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.