Features and Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 3.3 V or 2.5 V power on Side 1 (VIN1 and VDD1) and Side 2 (VIN2 and VDD2)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and ground on Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1−, DIN2+, DIN2−
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1−, DOUT2+, DOUT2−
- Jumper-selectable power supply of 3.3 V or 2.5 V
- Termination resistors on all LVDS drivers and receivers
The EVAL-ADN4654EB1Z, the EVAL-ADN4655EB1Z, and the EVAL-ADN4656EB1Z allow quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 low voltage, differential signaling (LVDS) isolators without the need for external components. The ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 employ Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator with an LVDS receiver and driver into a single, 20-lead wide body SOIC package. The devices are capable of running at data rates of up to 1.1 Gbps with low jitter.
The evaluation boards have separate ground and power planes for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. Jumper-selectable power supplies at 3.3 V or 2.5 V are required on each side of the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 device. Using an on-chip, low dropout (LDO) regulator, 2.5 V can be provided from an external 3.3 V power supply.
Complete information about the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 is available in the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 data sheet. Consult this data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation boards.