Features and Benefits
- ADF41513 frequency synthesizer, 100 MHz crystal oscillator, loop filter, USB interface, and voltage regulators
- All features of EV-ADF41513SD1Z plus HMC733 10 GHz to 20 GHz VCO
- Windows-based software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC
- Externally powered by 6 V and 25 V
The EV-ADF41513SD1Z and EV-AD41513SD2Z are evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate all the features of the ADF41513. The EV-ADF41513SD1Z requires an external voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). The EV-ADF41513SD2Z includes an on-board 10 GHz to 20 GHz HMC733 VCO.
EV-ADF41513SD1Z has Subminiature Version A (SMA) connectors to connect the charge pump output (VTUNE) to the tuning input of the VCO and the phase-locked loop (PLL) radio frequency (RF) input (RFIN) to the VCO output.
Both variants of the evaluation board include the ADF41513 frequency synthesizer, 100 MHz reference (crystal oscillator (XO)), loop filter, universal serial bus (USB) interface, low noise voltage regulators, and a USB cable to connect the board to a PC USB port
For easy programming of the synthesizer, download the Windows®-based software from the ADF41513 product page at www.analog.com/ADF41513. The file transfer program (FTP) user name and password are printed on the label inside the lid of the evaluation board box.
The evaluation board requires a SDP-S (Figure 4), which is not included with the kit. The SDP-S allows software programming of the ADF41513 device through a USB interface. Consult the ADF41513 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when working with the evaluation boards.
Package ContentsEV-ADF41513SD1Z or EV-ADF41513SD2Z evaluation board USB cable
- Windows-based PC with USB port for evaluation software
- System demonstration platform, SDP-S
- EVAL-SDP-CS1Z controller board
- Dual power supply (6 V, 25 V)
- Spectrum analyzer