Features and Benefits
- ADF41513 frequency synthesizer, 100 MHz crystal oscillator, loop filter, USB interface, and voltage regulators
- All features of EV-ADF41513SD1Z plus HMC733 10 GHz to 20 GHz VCO
- All features of EV-ADF41513SD1Z plus ADF5709 9.85 GHz to 20.5 GHz VCO and LT3045/LT3042 voltage regulators
- Windows-based software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC
- Externally powered by 6 V and 25 V
The EV-ADF41513SD1Z and EV-AD41513SD2Z are evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate all the features of the ADF41513. The EV-ADF41513SD1Z requires an external voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). The EV-ADF41513SD2Z includes an on-board 10 GHz to 20 GHz HMC733 VCO. The EV-ADF41513SD3Z instead includes the ADF5709 9.85GHz to 20.5GHz VCO and also has a reduced voltage regulator count.
EV-ADF41513SD1Z has Subminiature Version A (SMA) connectors to connect the charge pump output (VTUNE) to the tuning input of the VCO and the phase-locked loop (PLL) radio frequency (RF) input (RFIN) to the VCO output.
Both variants of the evaluation board include the ADF41513 frequency synthesizer, 100 MHz reference (crystal oscillator (XO)), loop filter, universal serial bus (USB) interface, low noise voltage regulators, and a USB cable to connect the board to a PC USB port
For easy programming of the synthesizer, download the Windows®-based software from the ADF41513 product page at www.analog.com/ADF41513. The file transfer program (FTP) user name and password are printed on the label inside the lid of the evaluation board box.
The evaluation board requires a SDP-S (Figure 4), which is not included with the kit. The SDP-S allows software programming of the ADF41513 device through a USB interface. Consult the ADF41513 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when working with the evaluation boards.
Markets and Technologies
Package ContentsEV-ADF41513SD1Z, EV-ADF41513SD2Z or EV-ADF41513SD3Z evaluation board
- Windows-based PC with USB port for evaluation software
- System demonstration platform, SDP-S
- EVAL-SDP-CS1Z controller board
- Dual power supply (6 V, 25 V)
- Spectrum analyzer
Documentation & Resources
EV-ADF41513SD3Z User Guide Wiki10/5/2021WIKI
UG-1427: EV-ADF41513SD1Z/EV-ADF41513SD2Z User Guide (Rev. 0)1/15/2019828 K
EVAL-ADF41513 Design Files10/5/2021ZIP1 M
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.