Features and Benefits
- Based on the ADAR2004 4-Channel Rx Mixer with 4x LO
- Controllable through SPI
- Multiple forms of digital interface (3.3 V and 1.8 V logic)
- On-board logic level translators with 1.8 V low dropout regulator for supply
- Software control from a Windows-based PC through USB
The ADAR2004 is a 4-channel receiver IC that is optimized for millimeter wave body scanning applications. Accepting differential input signals from 10 GHz to 40 GHz, the ADAR2004 provides a low intermediate frequency (IF) output up to 800 MHz. Each receive channel also has independent gain control.
All device functions and configuration options can be accessed by a 3-wire or 4-wire Analog Devices, Inc., serial peripheral interface (SPI).
The mixer local oscillator (LO) path includes a 4x multiplier requiring an applied LO frequency between 2.4 GHz to 10.1 GHz. The 4x multiplier block includes a programmable filter that helps keep harmonics down before hitting the mixer.
Two programmable state machines are included to facilitate simple configuration, control, and fast switching of the frequency multiplier/filter, and receiver sections. These sequencers are programmed through the SPI and are then operated by pulsed inputs (reset and advance).
The ADAR2004 requires only a single 2.5V supply with power consumption of 910 mW with all channels turned on.
The ADAR2004 is available in a 7 x 7 mm, 48-terminal LGA package and is specified from -40°C to +85°C.
- Industrial scanners
- Test and Instrumentation
- Cellular infrastructure: 5G mmW
- Military radios, radars, electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)