Features and Benefits
- Full device configuration and calibration control across dual AD9361 devices.
- Software tunable across wide frequency range (70 MHz to 6.0 GHz) with a channel bandwidth of <200 kHz to 56 MHz.
- Phase and frequency synchronization across both AD9361 devices, creating a synchronized 4x4 MIMO platform.
- A single external LO source can drive both AD9361s, improving RF performance and easing MIMO design.
- Powered by dual FMC connectors, allowing for connectivity with the Xilinx ZC706 platform.
- Includes schematics, layout, BOM, HDL, Linux drivers and application software
- Allows high channel density
Product DetailsThe AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ is a high-speed analog module designed to showcase the AD9361 in multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) applications. The AD9361 is a high performance, highly integrated RF transceiver that operates from 70 MHz to 6 GHz, and supports bandwidths from less than 200 kHz to 56 MHz. The AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ supports dual AD9361 devices, allowing for the creation of a 4x4 MIMO system. This platform is intended to enable the prototyping and development of many software defined radio applications, such as active antennas, transmit beamforming, and receive angle of arrival systems. The AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ board has both wideband channels covering the full 6 GHz range, as well as narrowband channels matched to 2.4GHz. The AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ also contains dual ADG918 SPDT switches, which create a calibration matrix between the two AD9361s. This switch matrix hardware, combined with the Analog Devices supplied API software, allow for a full digital and RF synchronization between the two AD9361s. The providing APIs also support full independent device configuration of the two AD9361s.
Because the AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ supports both narrow and wideband input and output connectivity, it provides RF engineers the ability to connect the AD9361 to a RF test bench (vector signal analyzer, signal generator, etc.) and measure narrowband performance, as well as providing software and system engineers the ability to quickly prototype across the full 6 GHz operating range. Additionally the AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ allows for both AD9361 devices to receive an on-board generated external LO signal, which can provide improved RF performance.
- General purpose design suitable for any software-designed radio application
- MIMO radio
- Transmit beamforming and receive angle of arrival detection
- Point to point communication systems
- Femtocell/picocell/microcell base stations
Markets and Technologies
Documentation & Resources
AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ User Guide1/19/2016
RadioVerse: Simplify RF System Design.5/23/2016
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.