Features and Benefits
- Demonstrates the Capabilities of the DS2740 High-Precision Coulomb Counting IC Including:
- Real-Time Current Measurements
- High-Precision Current Accumulation
- Programmable I/O Operation
- Interfaces to the USB Port of a PC Running Windows XP® or Older that Supports USB Operation
The DS2740 evaluation kit (EV kit) makes performance evaluation, software development, and prototyping with the DS2740 high-precision coulomb counting IC easy. The evaluation board interfaces to a PC running Windows XP or older through a DS9123O USB adapter and RJ-11 cable connection.
The DS2740 EV kit evaluation software gives the user complete control of all functions of the DS2740. Separate control tabs allow the user access to all memory locations, all status registers, and real-time updates of all monitored parameters. The software also incorporates a data-logging feature to monitor a battery over time.
The evaluation board circuit is designed to provide the DS2740 with accurate parameter measurements and protect the DS2740 from ESD damage.