Features and BenefitsPower System Manager Features
- Sequence, Trim, Margin, Supervise Power Supplies
- Manage Faults, Monitor Telemetry, Create Fault Logs
- PMBus Compliant Command Set
- Supported by LTpowerPlay GUI
- Margin or Trim Supplies to ±0.25% Accuracy
- Monitor Input Current (±1%) and Accumulate Energy
- Fast OV/UV Supervisors per Channel
- Supports Multi-Channel Fault Management
- Automatic Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Operates Autonomously without Additional Software
- OV/UV VOUT and One VIN Supervisor
- Monitor VIN, VOUT, IIN, IOUT and Temperature
- Time-Based Output Sequencer
- I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- Can Be Powered from 3.3V, or 4.5V to 15V
- Connect Directly to Regulator IMON Pins
- Available in a 44-Pin 6mm × 7mm QFN Package
The DC2691A programming board contains the circuitry needed to program and verify the EEPROM of the LTC2972. It is shipped with a clamshell style programming socket installed. The LTpowerPlay® *.proj file that corresponds to the factory default configuration can be found in the GUI.
To properly program and verify the contents of the EEPROM, download and install the LTpowerPlay software (GUI).
You also need a Linear Technology DC1613 USB to I2C/SMBus/PMBus Controller.
- Windows PC
- USB-to-I2C/SMBus/PMBus Controller (DC1613)
Demo System Required Software