DC2631A - Schematic5/24/2019
Demonstration circuit 2631A features the LTC7852 in two high output current, high efficiency step down converters each with its own assembly type. The converter for the –A assembly provides two 3-phase outputs of 1.0V / 100A & 1.5V/100A. The –B assembly provides a single 6-phase 1.0V/200A output. Block diagrams are shown in Figure 3. Both converters operate over a 7V to 14V input voltage range at a switching frequency of 400kHz.
The power stage for each phase consists of a 5mm × 5mm DrMOS and 11.3mm × 11.0mm 0.25µH ferrite inductor with a DCR of 0.32mΩ typical. The LTC7852 employs a peak current mode architecture which allows accurate DCR sensing and sharing with sub-mOhm DCR inductors. The LTC7852 provides a three-state compatible PWM output for each DrMOS.
Additional features of the DC2631A include:
- Differential sensing for the output voltages of VOUT1 and VOUT2
- IMON pins to monitor the inductor current of each rail.
- Optional resistors and jumpers to change the phase arrangement for VOUT1 & VOUT2:
- VOUT1: 4ph, VOUT2: 2ph
- VOUT1: 5ph, VOUT2: 1ph
- Note, the default arrangement is: VOUT1: 3ph, VOUT2: 3ph
- Optional resistors and jumpers to parallel VOUT1 & VOUT2.
- RUN, PGOOD, PLLIN and CLKOUT pins
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.