Features and Benefits
- Filterless digital input, mono Class-D amplifier
- Operates from a single 4.5 V to 17 V supply
- 25 W output power, 16 V supply and 4 Ω load at 1% THD + N
- 107 dB A-weighted signal-to-noise ratio
- 93.3% efficiency into 8 Ω load at 12 V
- I2C control with up to 4 pin-selectable slots/addresses
- Digital interface supports sample rates from 8 kHz to 192 kHz
- Flexible digital and analog gain adjustment
- Flexible supply monitoring AGC function
- Short-circuit and thermal protection, thermal warning
The EVAL-SSM3515Z is an evaluation board for quick evaluation of the SSM3515. The board uses a single supply from 4.5 V to 17 V. The board includes 3.3 V and 1.8 V regulators. The on-board digital SPDIF optical input generates the serial digital signal to the SSM3515. The board provides register control using USBi with SigmaStudio™-based GUI or the Total Phase Aardvark™ I2C/SPI Host Adapter. The application circuit requires a minimum of external components and can operate from a single 4.5 V to 17 V supply. It is capable of delivering 8 W of continuous output power into an 8 Ω load, and 15 W into an 4 Ω load from a 12 V power supply. The board can deliver 25 W into a 4 Ω load from a 16 V power supply, all with <1% total harmonic distortion + noise (THD + N); however, output powers above 20 W are not continuous due to the thermal limit.
The EVAL-SSM3515Z evaluation board includes a complete circuit for driving a loudspeaker.