Features and Benefits
- Supports USB 2.0 data transfer
- Low speed (1.5 Mbps)
- Full speed (12 Mbps)
- High speed (480 Mbps)
- USB Type C (upstream) and USB Type A (downstream) connectors
- Upstream 5 V power from cable or external supply
- Downstream power from external supply
- Accepts 3.3 V or 5 V external supplies
- PGOOD (power good) indicator on downstream side
- Option to connect test points
- 20-lead SSOP package option with 5.3 mm creepage
The EVAL-ADuM3165EBZ and the EVAL-ADuM3166EBZ allow quick and easy evaluation of the ADuM3165 and ADuM3166 USB isolators, allowing direct connection to USB hosts and peripherals without the need for additional components. The ADuM3165/ADuM3166 employ Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine isolator channels, USB transceivers, power and timing circuits, control logic and internal terminations, pull-ups, and pull-downs into a single, 20-lead, compact shrink small outline package (SSOP).
The evaluation boards have a separate ground and power plane for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADuM3165/ADuM3166 with galvanic isolation between both sides of these devices. However, the boards have not been certified for safety when using high voltages, and testing must be carried out by qualified personnel only.
Power can be provided on the upstream side from a connected USB host, while an external power supply is required for the downstream side.
For full details on the ADuM3165/ADuM3166, see the ADuM3165/ADuM3166 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADuM3165EBZ or the EVAL-ADuM3166EBZ.
- Signal generator or USB host (for example, laptop)
- USB peripheral (for example, mouse, headset, mass storage, or webcam)
- Power supply (one or two outputs)
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.