Features and Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADP2450
- Compact solution size
- 4-layer high TG PCB for superior thermal performance
- Connections through vertical printed circuit tail pin headers
- Compatible with ac current source input or CT input
- Support single coil and dual coil application
- Adjustable output for buck regulator
- On-board precision reference
- On-board PGA gain setting
- Supports analog trip function
- Supports power detection function
- Voltage monitor and reset output
- Flexible connection with external MCU
The ADP2450ACPZ-3-EVBZ evaluation board provides a complete and compact solution that allows users to evaluate the performance of the ADP2450 with a near ideal printed circuit board (PCB) layout. The evaluation board is compatible with current transformer (CT) or ac current source as its input power source.
The main device on the evaluation board, the ADP2450, integrates a boost shunt controller with power detection, a high efficiency buck regulator, four low offset and low power consumption programmable gain amplifiers (PGAs), a low offset operation amplifier, a fast analog trip circuit, and an actuator driver.
With an external microcontroller unit (MCU) connected, the evaluation board is suitable for quick system evaluation of circuit breaker applications.
Full details on the ADP2450 are provided in the ADP2450 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc. Consult the data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when working with the ADP2450ACPZ-3-EVBZ.