Features and Benefits
- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 18 V Continuous output current: 12 A
- Integrated MOSFET: 17 mΩ/4.5 mΩ
- Reference voltage: 0.6 V ±0.5%
- Programmable switching frequency: 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Enhanced transient response
- Programmable current-limit with ±10% accuracy
- Precision enable and power good
- External compensation and soft start
- PFM mode (ADP2390 only)
- Start up into a precharged output
- Supported by ADIsimPower design tool
The ADP2389/ADP2390 evaluation board is a complete, 12 A, 18 V, step-down regulator solution that allows users to evaluate the performance of the ADP2389/ADP2390 with a near ideal printed circuit board (PCB) layout.
The programmable current-limit function allows the inductor to be optimized by output current. The peak current-limit threshold is preset to 21 A to ensure the 12 A output current
The switching frequency can be programmed between 200 kHz and 2.2 MHz, which provides the possibility for a stackable multiphase power solution.
An enhanced transient response feature improves the load transient performance, which reduces the output capacitance.
The output of the ADP2389/ADP2390 evaluation board is preset to 1.8 V and the switching frequency is set to 500 kHz. Different output voltage settings can be achieved by changing appropriate passive components. The ambient temperature operating range is −40°C to +85°C.
Full details on the ADP2389/ADP2390 regulators are provided in the ADP2389/ADP2390 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc., which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide.
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.