Features and Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 3.3 V or 2.5 V power on Side 1 (VIN1/VDD1) and Side 2
- (VIN2/VDD2) (either voltage to either side)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1–, DIN2+, DIN2–
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1–, DOUT2+, DOUT2–
- Jumper-selectable supply power of 3.3 V or 2.5 V
- Termination resistors on all LVDS drivers/receivers
The EVAL-ADN4651EB1Z and EVAL-ADN4652EB1Z allow quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4651/ADN4652 low-voltage differential signalling (LVDS) isolator without the need for external components. The ADN4651/ADN4652 employ Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator with an LVDS receiver and driver into a single, 20-lead wide body SOIC package. They are capable of running at data rates of up to 600 Mbps with very low jitter.
The evaluation board has separate ground and power planes for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4651/ADN4652 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. Jumper-selectable power supplies at 3.3 V or 2.5 V are required on each side of the ADN4651/ADN4652. Using an on-chip LDO, 2.5 V can be provided from an external 3.3 V power supply.
Complete information about the ADN4651/ADN4652 is available in the ADN4650/ADN4651/ADN4652 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-900 when using the evaluation boards.
Markets & Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)