Features and Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2463E and ADM2763E signal isolated, 500 kbps, full duplex RS-485 transceiver
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for standard full duplex, 16-lead, SOIC_W package with >8 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulators with jumper options for simplified evaluation in multiple supply configurations
- Flexible, low voltage VDD1 supply rail for interfacing with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- Wide bus voltage VDD2 supply rail from 3 V to 5.5 V
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection on the A pin, B pin, Y pin, and Z pin
- ≥±12 kV contact discharge and ≥±15 kV air discharge
- SMA connector for TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC1799 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and loopback test
- Test points for measuring all signals
The EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ/EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ allow simplified, efficient evaluation of the ADM2463E and ADM2763E 5.7 kV rms, 500 kbps signal isolated RS-485 transceivers. The functionality of the EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ are the same. Figure 1 shows the EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ and represents both evaluation boards.
The EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ/EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ come with options for the evaluation of the ADM2463E and ADM2763E devices in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal blocks on the evaluation boards. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Two on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulators accept an input voltage of up to 20 V and output a range of selectable supply voltages to the VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin, configurable via jumper options. The LDO regulators can be bypassed to power the ADM2463E and ADM2763E VDD1 supply pins and VDD2 supply pins directly from an external power supply.
The flexible VDD1 pin primary side logic supply allows the device to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with modern nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VDD1 pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
Alternative methods can be used to provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the device. An optional LTC1799 oscillator is included on the evaluation boards and can be configured to provide a clock signal as the TxD digital input within a 10 kHz to 250 kHz range. A terminal block allows an easy wired connection to a microcontroller or processor. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal.
The evaluation boards have footprints for the ADM2463E and ADM2763E full duplex, signal isolated, RS-485 transceivers in a 10.10 mm × 10 mm, 16-lead, standard small outline, wide body (SOIC_W) package.
For full details on the ADM2463E and ADM2763E, see the ADM2463E and ADM2763E data sheets, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ/EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ.