Features and Benefits
- SPI with error detection
- Includes CRC, invalid read and write address, and SCLK count error detection
- Analog supply voltages
- Dual-supply: ±4.5 V to ±16.5 V
- Single-supply: 5 V to 20 V
- PC control in conjunction with the evaluation software
- EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (SDP-B) system demonstration platform
The EV-ADGS1414DSDZ is the evaluation board for the ADGS1414D. The ADGS1414D is an iCMOS®, octal SPST switch controlled by a serial peripheral interface (SPI). The SPI has robust error detection features, including cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read and write address detection, and SCLK count error detection. The ADGS1414D also supports burst mode, which decreases the time between SPI commands.
Figure 1 shows the EV-ADGS1414DSDZ in a typical evaluation setup. The EV-ADGS1414DSDZ is controlled by the system demonstration platform (SDP) EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (SDP-B), which connects to a PC via a USB port. The ADGS1414D is on the center of the evaluation board, and wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals power the device, and a fourth terminal provides users with a defined digital logic supply voltage, if required. Alternatively, the digital logic supply voltage can be supplied from the SDP-B. The EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (SDP-B) controller board is available to order on the Analog Devices, Inc., website.
For full details on the ADGS1414D, see the ADGS1414D data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using this evaluation board.
- EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (SDP-B) controller board
- DC voltage source
- ±16.5 V (dual supply)
- 20 V (single supply)
- Optional 3.3 V digital logic supply
- Analog signal source
- Method to measure voltage, such as a digital multimeter (DMM)