Please read and accept following terms and conditions of the Analog Devices Anveshan Fellowship ("Anveshan" or "the Fellowship") conducted by Analog Devices India Private Limited ("ADI") before participating in the Fellowship. By registering and participating in Anveshan, you (on your own behalf and on behalf of any eligible organization or team that you represent) ("you" or "your") agree that you understand and unconditionally accept these terms and conditions and that these terms and conditions are a binding contract between you and ADI. By registering for a team, you covenant that all members of the team have reviewed these Terms and Conditions and have authorized you to agree to these terms on their behalf. Each individual participant, and each faculty supervisor (if applicable), is required to accept these terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANVESHAN.
1. Anveshan is open for participation by Engineering University Students who are resident in or based in India for the duration of Anveshan.
2. Anveshan shall open on June, 2019 and, for those teams selected by ADI as finalists, shall continue with Anveshan until April 2020. To participate, you must submit your Anveshan project proposal to ADI before September 1, 2019. Any project proposals submitted after this date will not be accepted by ADI under any circumstance.
3. For any team, the minimum team size is 2 and maximum is 5.
4. For any team, you are required to take one faculty member from one university or research institute to supervise the development of the project to be submitted for Anveshan. You cannot be a member of more than one team participating in Anveshan and the same faculty member cannot supervise two teams. In the event it is found that Anveshan participant or a faculty member is a member of more than one team, then both the teams shall be disqualified. However, more than one team from an institute/university/organization/entity is eligible to participate in Anveshan.
5. You agree to adhere to the timelines, submission requirements and other criteria for Anveshan as communicated to you from time to time by ADI or its representatives.
6. The manner and form of evaluation, decisions on the selection, prize or any matter pertaining to Anveshan by ADI shall be final and at its sole discretion. No claims or explanations in respect of such evaluation or decisions shall be entertained by ADI at any stage of Anveshan.
7. Participant entries will be judged for: innovation and creativity of solution, completeness of the solution, and applicability of the product/solution/algorithm to real-life situation, number of Analog Devices products used and optimization of the solution/product/service/algorithm for best ROI.
8. All the documents, ideas, materials, designs and/or other work or deliverables submitted or developed by you as part of Anveshan ("Fellowship Materials"), and all intellectual property therein, are your property. The evaluation, use and publication of materials, designs and/or ideas submitted by participants in Anveshan are at the discretion of ADI Management. The manner, mode, form and timing of evaluation, use or publication, as also the alteration, deletion, addition and editing of content of the materials, designs or ideas submitted to Analog Devices as part of Anveshan will be determined by ADI.
9. By making a submission of any Fellowship Materials as part of Anveshan, you authorize ADI to evaluate and use such Fellowship Materials for the purposes of the Fellowship. You further grant to ADI a right of first refusal on any licenses , sales or other transfers of rights in the intellectual property in such Fellowship Materials ("IP Transaction"); you shall provide ADI with notice of any terms and counterparty of the proposed IP Transaction at least 90 days prior to entering into such IP Transaction with any third party; if ADI delivers notice of acceptance of such proposed terms within such 90 day period, then you and ADI shall negotiate exclusively to enter into a definitive agreement documenting such terms for a period of 90 days from such ADI acceptance. If ADI does not deliver such notice, or if you and ADI do not reach agreement on the definitive agreement in such 90 days after ADI's acceptance, then you shall be free to enter into such IP Transaction with the disclosed counterparty on terms at least as favorable to you as the terms contained in your initial notice of the IP Transaction. This Section 9 shall repeat for any and all other such IP Transactions and counterparties. You agree and acknowledge that the fact that such Fellowship Materials could potentially make you eligible for awards offered by ADI to a winning participant of Anveshan forms sufficient consideration for the above right of first refusal, irrespective of whether or not you are finally selected as the winner of Anveshan or provided any award or recognition.
10. The Fellowship Materials submitted by you in relation to Anveshan must be independent, original and genuine work and must not infringe the intellectual property rights or otherwise of a third party. In the event of any non-compliance with the foregoing, you hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified ADI and its affiliates against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorney fees) incurred by ADI or its affiliates as a result of such non-compliance.
11. You shall ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and policies and procedures of your employer (if you are currently employed by a company and participating in Anveshan) in participating in, and submitting Fellowship Materials for, Anveshan. ADI has no duty to check your Fellowship Materials for such compliance and you alone shall be responsible for all consequences of failing to adhere to the pertinent laws, policies or procedures.
12. A shortened abstract of your initial proposals may be made available by ADI on a public website.
13. You acknowledge and agree that ADI may use or exploit any information you disclose to ADI, except that you do not grant ADI any license to your copyrights, patents or trademarks except as expressly contemplated by the right of first refusal in Section 9 above.
14. You acknowledge and agree that the Fellowship is not an offer of employment and that ADI is not bound to offer employment to you in connection with Anveshan, whether or not you are successful.
15. You shall ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and the policies and procedures of your institute/ university/organization in making the submissions for the Fellowship and you shall be solely responsible for all consequences of failing to adhere to such pertinent laws, policies or procedures.
16. You shall not indulge in any unfair or unethical practices in order to improve your chances of winning Anveshan and if you are found engaging in such practices, you shall be liable, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies enjoyed by ADI, to be disqualified from participating further in Anveshan. Further, ADI reserves the right to take any action in its sole discretion against the Anveshan participant found violating any of the above terms and conditions or any other rules and guidelines communicated by ADI or its representatives.
17. You agree and acknowledge that you participate in Anveshan at your sole risk and expense. You are solely responsible for all your costs and expenses in connection with Anveshan, except as ADI may agree in writing from time to time in its sole discretion.
18. You are not guaranteed any awards or payments from ADI or any third party. All awards and payments made by ADI in respect of Anveshan shall be subjected to tax and other statutory deductions as mandated by applicable law. Any and all taxes, surcharges and charges in respect of the awards and payments shall be borne by the Fellowship Participant alone and ADI shall not be liable for the same.
19. ADI reserves its exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change the terms and conditions in relation to the Fellowship. ADI also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to postpone, suspend, and cancel the entire Fellowship or a part thereof.
20. By participating in the Fellowship, you agree to release and hold harmless ADI, sponsors and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of said sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the submission of Fellowship Materials in the Fellowship.
21. ADI makes no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, in respect of the Fellowship and any subsequent interview or interaction and hereby disclaims all liability to you and all other participants in respect of acts or omissions regarding the conduct of the same and any decisions made by ADI with respect to selection of winning entries or use of submitted materials, designs or ideas. ADI shall not accept any liability in respect of any errors or oversights in conducting the Fellowship and selecting winning participants.
22. You may withdraw from Anveshan at any time by delivery of written notice of withdrawal to ADI; provided that, in any event, all rights you granted to ADI in the Fellowship Materials, and the right of first refusal set forth in Section 9, shall survive the expiration or termination of your participation in Anveshan.
23. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with the Fellowship shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India as applied in the State of Karnataka. You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Fellowship shall be subject to jurisdiction of Courts at Bangalore.
[End of Anveshan Terms and Conditions]