MAXREFDES1277 Design Files11/21/2021
- PCB Layout
The MAXREFDES1277 reference design enables quick evaluation of the MAX17852/53 for 48V two-Wheeler battery management applications (BMS).
This design showcases capabilities of the MAX17852/53 like individual 14-cell voltage measurements, pack voltage, temperature (up to four sensors using general purpose inputs/outputs [GPIOs]), pack current (MAX17852 only) measurement, and passive cell balancing.
The MAX17852/53 supports ASIL-D requirements for cell voltage, temperature, current, communication, and failure mode effects analysis (FMEA).
- 3 to 14 cell voltage measurement with ±2mV accuracy at 5°C to 40°C
- Supports flexi pack configuration
- Pack current measurement using external current sense resistor
- Passive cell balancing up to 300mA with internal switch with odd or even cell balancing scheme (single cell or group)
- Auto cell balancing configuration with undervoltage (UV) threshold and timer options
- Manual cell balancing configuration
- Four configurable auxiliary inputs for temperature, voltage, or GPIO
- Internal die temperature measurement
- Individually configurable safety alert
- Overvoltage (OV), undervoltage, overtemperature and undertemperature faults
- One cell-mismatch alert
- Selectable universal asynchronous receiver- transmitter (UART) or serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- UART configurations with packet error checking (PEC)
- Dual UART configuration with redundancy
- Single UART configuration
- Single-side component placement
- Compatible with MAX17852EVKIT software along with MINIQUSB board