- Easy Evaluation of the MAX19792 IC
- On-Board DAC which Outputs 4V ±5% to Control Attenuation
- On-Board Power Supply +3.3V and +5V from MAX32625PICO
- The Operating Frequency Range Extends from 500MHz to 4000MHz
- 50Ω SMA Connectors on the RF Ports
- All Critical Peripheral Components Included
- A Micro-USB Port to Interface with the PC
- PC Control Software (Available at www.maximintegrated.com/EVKitSoftware)
The MAX19792 evaluation kit (EV kit) simplifies the evaluation of the MAX19792. The MAX19792 dual general- purpose analog voltage variable attenuator (VVA) is designed to interface with 50Ω systems operating in the 500MHz to 4000MHz frequency range.
The MAX19792 is a monolithic VVA IC designed for broadband system applications, including wireless infrastructure digital and spread-spectrum communication systems WCDMA/LTE, TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE, WiMAX®, cdma2000®, GSM/EDGE, and MMDS Base Stations VSAT/Satellite Modems. The MAX19792 evaluation kit hosts a microcontroller (MCU) that uses a serial peripheral interface to configure internal registers and modes. Graphical User Interface (GUI) software running on a computer makes it simple to program registers and control the device operation. The evaluation kit is fully assembled and tested at the factory.
This document provides a component list, a list of equipment required to evaluate the device, a straightforward test procedure to verify functionality, a description of the EV kit circuit, the circuit schematic, and artwork for each layer of the printed circuit board (PCB).