- Evaluation board including the ADF4401A SiP with integrated VCO, loop filter (5 MHz), phase frequency detector, USB interface, and voltage regulators
- PC software for control of SiP functions
- Externally powered by 6 V
The EV-ADF4401ASD2Z evaluates the performance of the ADF4401A system in package (SiP) for offset phase-locked loops (PLLs). Figure 1 shows the evaluation board photograph. The EV-ADF4401ASD2Z contains the ADF4401A integrated SiP, phase frequency detector (PFD), active loop filter, power supply connectors, and Subminiature Version A (SMA) connectors.
The EV-ADF4401ASD2Z requires an EVAL-SDP-CS1Z (SDP-S) system demonstration platform (SDP), which allows software programming of the EV-ADF4401ASD2Z.
For full details on the ADF4401A, see the ADF4401A data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EV-ADF4401ASD2Z.
- Windows® PC with USB port for evaluation software
- EVAL-SDP-CS1Z (SDP-S) controller board (not provided in the EV-ADF4401ASD2Z kit)
- 6 V power supply
- Signal source analyzer or spectrum analyzer
- Low noise REF_PF source (50 MHz to 1 GHz)
- Low noise LO source (3 GHz to 9 GHz)
- REFP source (10 MHz to 500 MHz)
- 50 Ω terminators
- ACE software, latest version
- ADF4401A plugin, latest version