Application Notes (10)
- AN-1325: High Performance Digital MEMS Microphone’s Simple Interface to SigmaDSP Audio Processor with I2S Out (pdf, 166 kB)
- AN-1324: High Performance Analog MEMS Microphone’s Simple Interface to SigmaDSP Audio Codec (pdf, 140 kB)
- AN-1323: High Performance Digital MEMS Microphone Simple Interface to SigmaDSP Audio Codec (pdf, 77 kB)
- AN-951: Using Hardware Controls with SigmaDSP GPIO Pins (pdf, 439 kB)
- AN-1056: Capless Headphone Virtual Ground Short-Circuit Protection for the ADAU1361 and ADAU1761 Low Power Codecs (pdf, 77 kB)
- AN-1006: Using the EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ (pdf, 349 kB)
- AN-923: Designing a System Using the ADAU1701/ADAU1702 in Self-Boot Mode (pdf, 134 kB)
- AN-620: Using the AD1836 and AD1953 for a 4-In/9-Out Analog System with DSP (pdf, 66 kB)
AN-327: DAC ICs: How Many Bits Is Enough?
(pdf, 345 kB)
Digital audio playback DACs are available in a variety of different architectures--each with it's own performance tradeoffs.
- AN-211: The Alexander Current-Feedback Audio Power Amplifier (pdf, 1154 kB)
Circuit Note (6)
- CN0296: Low Cost, High Performance Sound Bar System (pdf, 158 kB)
- CN-0208: High Performance Digital MEMS Microphone's Simple Interface to SigmaDSP Audio Processor with I2S Output (pdf, 361 kB)
- CN-0219: S/PDIF and I2S Interface for a SigmaDSP Codec Using the ADAV801/ADAV803 Audio Codec (pdf, 254 kB)
- CN-0207: High Performance iMems Analog Microphone's Simple Interface to SigmaDSP Audio Codec (pdf, 126 kB)
- CN-0162: Analog Audio Input, Class-D Output with the ADAU1701 SigmaDSP Codec, Low Power SSM2306 Class-D Amplifier, and ADP3336 LDO Regulator (pdf, 134 kB)
- CN-0078: iMEMS Digital Microphone Simplifies the Interface to a SigmaDSP Audio Codec (pdf)
Technical Articles (4)
Switching-Regulator Insights: Achieve Longer Battery Life in DSP Systems
Battery life is of prime importance in handheld battery-powered products, making their success directly related to the efficiency of the power system.
(How2Power Today, September 2009
Sound Bytes: Audio Converters
by Joshua Israelsohn, EDN Technical Editor
If it weren't for audio converters, some of our favorite products would just be spinning their wheels. (EDN, 6/24/04)
Flexible Silicon: GUI-programmable Audio Processors—an EDN BenchPress Project
Flexible Silicon: GUI-programmable Audio Processors (Part 2)
Software Manuals (2)
Analog Dialogue (1)
Simplify Audio Setups with a SigmaDSP™Pre-Programmed Fully Configurable Digital Audio Processor
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 36, No. 1, January-February, 2002)
Data Sheets (16)
- ADAU1452/ADAU1451/ADAU1450: SigmaDSP Digital Audio Processor Data Sheet (Rev C, 07/2014) (pdf, 9101 kB)
- ADAU1452: SigmaDSP Digital Audio Processor Silicon Anomaly (Rev 0, 03/2014) (pdf, 88 kB)
AD1940/AD1941: SigmaDSP Multichannel 28-Bit Audio Processor Data Sheet (Rev B, 04/2010) (pdf, 817 kB)
AD1940/AD1941: SigmaDSP® Multichannel 28-Bit Audio Processor Anomaly Sheet (Rev 0, 03/2005)
(pdf, 65 kB)
Anomaly Sheet for all Revisions
- AD1940/AD1941: SigmaDSP® Multichannel 28-Bit Audio Processor Anomaly Sheet (Rev 0, 03/2005) (pdf, 65 kB)
- ADAU1442/ADAU1445/ADAU1446: SigmaDSP Digital Audio Processor with Flexible Audio Routing Matrix Data Sheet (Rev D, 11/2013) (pdf, 968 kB)
- ADAU1781: Low Noise Stereo Codec with SigmaDSP Processing Core (Rev B, 01/2011) (pdf, 937 kB)
- ADAU1401A: SigmaDSP 28-/56-Bit Audio Processor with Two ADCs and Four DACs Data Sheet (Rev A, 11/2010) (pdf, 1180 kB)
- ADAU1761: SigmaDSP® Stereo, Low Power, 96 kHz, 24-Bit Audio Codec with Integrated PLL Data Sheet (Rev C, 09/2010) (pdf, 1354 kB)
- ADAU1461: SigmaDSP Stereo, Low Power, 96 kHz, 24-Bit Audio Codec with Integrated PLL Data Sheet (Rev 0, 06/2010) (pdf, 2018 kB)
- ADAV4601: Audio Processor for Advanced TV Data Sheet (Rev B, 09/2009) (pdf, 626 kB)
- AD1954: SigmaDSP™ 3-Channel, 26-Bit Signal Processing DAC Data Sheet (Rev A, 08/2003) (pdf, 1470 kB)
- AD1953: SigmaDSP Three-Channel, 26-Bit Signal Processing DAC Data Sheet (Rev 0, 04/2003) (pdf, 750 kB)
- ADAV4622: Audio Processor for Advanced TV with Sound IF Demodulator and Stereo Decoder Data Sheet (Rev B, 07/2009) (pdf, 58 kB)
- ADAU1401: SigmaDSP 28-/56-Bit Audio Processor with Two ADCs and Four DACs Data Sheet (Rev C, 02/2012) (pdf, 1094 kB)
- ADAU1701: SigmaDSP® 28-/56-Bit Audio Processor with Two ADCs and Four DACs Data Sheet (Rev B, 06/2011) (pdf, 1157 kB)
- ADAU1702: SigmaDSP® 28-/56-Bit Audio Processor with Two ADCs and Four DACs Data Sheet (Rev C, 06/2011) (pdf, 1155 kB)
- ADAV400: Audio Codec with Embedded SigmaDSP Processor Data Sheet (Rev A, 07/2007) (pdf, 613 kB)
- Which SigmaDSP is right for my application?
- Which SigmaDSP parts are qualified for automotive applications?
- What evaluation boards are available for the SigmaDSP processors?
- What advanced algorithms are available for SigmaDSP?
- What is needed to boot a SigmaDSP processor?
- What is the processing power and RAM sizes of the different SigmaDSPs?
- How can I program and tune my target application using SigmaStudio?
- When should I use double precision and when should I use single precision filters?
- How do I protect my SigmaDSP design against power supply overvoltage and ESD?
- How can I get a copy of SigmaStudio?
- I already have a copy of SigmaStudio. How can I get the latest version?
- Where can I find a description of the changes made in the latest version of SigmaStudio?
- What are the PC requirements for SigmaStudio?
- What documentation is available for SigmaStudio?
- Can I use SigmaStudio without hardware connected?
- How can I write my own algorithms in SigmaStudio?
- After I link-compile-download my project, the bar at the bottom of SigmaStudio turns green. Does this mean my program downloaded to the DSP successfully?
- How can I check that I have proper communication between SigmaStudio and the SigmaDSP hardware?
- How can I see exactly what SigmaStudio is writing to the target hardware?
- How do I change the sampling rate of my design in SigmaStudio?
- Where can I see how much of the SigmaDSP resources my project consumes?
- My signal flow is running out of instructions. What can I do to save resources?
- I can't use the maximum delay memory in my project. What's happening?
- When the signal input to my compressor is above 6 dB, the compression stops and my signal starts increasing. What's happening?
- How can I eliminate pops when changing the delay parameter at run-time?
- My application requires that I use multiple blocks that generate many addresses that I then have to map to my microcontroller code. Can I fix specific memory addresses for specific blocks to avoid all this mapping overhead?
- What is the difference between the AD1953 and AD1954?
- What is the difference between the AD1940 and AD1941?
- What evaluation boards are available for the AD1940 and AD1941?
- Why are the safeload registers five bytes long, while I'm loading four-byte parameters into the RAM using these registers?
- What is the difference between the ADAU1701, ADAU1702, and ADAU1401?
- What evaluation boards are available for the ADAU1701, ADAU1702, and ADAU1401?
- How can I tune my own hardware design using SigmaStudio?
- How can I use the multipurpose pins on the ADAU1401/1701/1702?
- Can I use selfboot to load multiple different programs?
- What is the difference between the ADAU1442, ADAU1445, and ADAU1446?
- What evaluation boards are available for the ADAU144x products?
- What evaluation board is available for the ADAU1761?
- Where can I get further support for the SigmaDSP?
- Analog Devices in Advanced TV
- SigmaDSP® Audio Processors
Advantiv™ Advanced Television Solutions
(pdf, 549 kB)
Enhancing the HD system design and consumer experience, Analog Devices offers its Advantiv portfolio of video and audio integrated circuit solutions, specifically developed and optimized for advanced television applications.
Product Reviews (11)
Audio Processors, Amplifiers Deliver Complete HDTV Audio Subsystem
(EE Times, 10/1/2007)
ADI: Analog Essential To HDTV Experience
(Electronic Design, 10/1/2007)
Audio Processors Tout Ease of Use
ADI Releases Sigma DSP AD1954, New DSP for Audio with D/A Converter
(Japanese Review, Kumikomi Net, CQ Publishing Co. Ltd., November 29, 2002)
ADI Releases New Processor Combining DSP and D/A Converters
(Japanese Review, Phile Web, Ongen Publishing Co., Ltd., November 27, 2001)
ADI Targets the 95% Portion of the Japanese Audio Market with New Processor Combining DSP and D/A Converter
(Japanese Review, NE Online, Nikkei Business Publishing Inc., November 29, 2002)
(pdf, 24 kB)
(German Review, Elektronik Praxis, February 2002)
Analog Devices' SigmaDSP: Digitales Audio-Processing für den Massenmarkt
(pdf, 108 kB)
(German Review, Markt & Technik, 7/12/2001)
SigmaDSP Family Expands to Include Three New Products
Best Products Winners: Hardware and Software
(Design News, March 20, 2006)
U.S. Analog Devices Announces SigmaDSP Family, new Digital Audio Processors
(Japanese Review, Nikkei Press Release, Nihon Keizai Shimbun Co., Ltd., November 27, 2001)
User Guides (4)
- UG-177: Evaluating the ADAU1781 SigmaDSP using the EVAL-ADAU1781Z (pdf, 1220 kB)
- UG-087: Evaluating the AD1940 SigmaDSP Using the EVAL-AD1940MINIBZ (pdf, 796 kB)
- UG-032: Evaluation Board User Guide for ADAU1442, ADAU1445, and ADAU1446 SigmaDSP Products (pdf, 1828 kB)
- UG-072: Evaluation Board User Guide for ADAU1401 (pdf, 888 kB)