SigmaDSP® 28/56-Bit Audio Processor with Two ADCs and Four DACs
Its signal processing is comparable to that found in high end studio equipment. Most processing is done in full 56-bit, double precision mode, resulting in very good low level signal perfor-mance. The ADAU1701 is a fully programmable DSP. The easy to use SigmaStudio™ software allows the user to graphically configure a custom signal processing flow using blocks such as biquad filters, dynamics processors, level controls, and GPIO interface controls.
ADAU1701 programs can be loaded on power-up either from a serial EEPROM through its own self-boot mechanism or from an external microcontroller. On power-down, the current state of the parameters can be written back to the EEPROM from the ADAU1701 to be recalled the next time the program is run.
Two Σ-Δ ADCs and four Σ-Δ DACs provide a 98.5 dB analog input to analog output dynamic. Each ADC has a THD + N of −83 dB, and each DAC has a THD + N of −90 dB. Digital input and output ports allow a glueless connection to additional ADCs and DACs. The ADAU1701 communicates through an I2C® bus or a 4-wire SPI port.Applications
- Multimedia speaker systems
- MP3 player speaker docks
- Automotive head units
- Minicomponent stereos
- Digital televisions
- Studio monitors
- Speaker crossovers
- Musical instrument effects processors
- In-seat sound systems (aircraft/motor coaches)
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
To Install the USBi Board:
- Connect the USB cable to the USBi Board a spare USB port on your PC.
- The Windows “Found New Hardware Wizard” will launch.
- Choose “Install from a list or a specific location” and click “Next”.
- Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” and Check the box for “Include this location in the search.”
- Press the “Browse” button and locate the appropriate driver file in the SigmaStudio application folder (default folder is C:\Program Files\Analog Devices Inc\Sigma Studio\USB drivers): Select the CyUSB.inf file.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if you're prompted with “This software has not passed Windows Logo testing.”
To communication between SigmaStudio and the USBi board, a communication channel block must be added to the Schematic design. To locate the block, select the Hardware Configuration Tab, int the ToolBox or Tree ToolBox window choose the “Communication Channels” category, and select the USBi block.
This block provides connections for multiple processors (ICs / DSPs), allowing you to use multiple processors in a single design. This block allows you to explicitly specify both the communication protocol (SPI or I²C) and the part's address, I²C address or SPI clatch line. The DSP hardware's address must match the block's selected address for communication to function properly. See the parts data sheet for more information about addressing (e.g. ADR_SEL, ADDR0, or ADDR1 pins). The default USBi protocol is I²C, to enable SPI, you must first select an SPI address in the block's drop down menu and then perform three write operations (e.g. press the write button the Register Read/Write Window 3 times). The USBi hardware has LEDs which indicate the current mode, I²C or SPI.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
- 2 week(s) ago in SigmaDSP Processors and SigmaStudio Development Tool
- 9 week(s) ago in SigmaDSP Processors and SigmaStudio Development Tool
- 15 week(s) ago in SigmaDSP Processors and SigmaStudio Development Tool
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.