Quad ADC with Diagnostics (10V Input)
- Automotive audio systems
- Active Noise Cancellation System
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The ADSP-SC584 EZ-KIT Lite and EZ-Board® are evaluation systems for the ADSP-SC58x family of SHARC® processors. The ADSP-SC584 processor is based on the SHARC+™ core dual processor with the ARM® Cortex-A5™ processor core and is designed for a wide array of markets, from automotive and pro-audio to industrial-based applications that require high floating-point performance. The EZ-Board is shipped with all of the necessary hardware—you can start the evaluation immediately. The package contains the standalone evaluation board, CE-approved power supply, and USB cable. The EZ-KIT Lite® version ships with two 180 day licenses for CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) and the ICE-1000 emulator, while the EZ-Board version requires the customer to provide an ICE-1000 or ICE-2000 emulator.
Expansion Interface III connectors are provided for interfacing with additional extender boards to provide LCD, camera, video, and audio. Traditional mechanical switches for changing the board's factory setup have been removed in favor of I2C controlled software switches. The only remaining mechanical switches are the boot mode switch, JTAG configuration switches, and push buttons.
The evaluation board is designed to be used in conjunction with the -CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) development tools to test capabilities of the ADSP-SC58x processors. The development environment aids advanced application code development and debug, such as:
- Create, compile, assemble, and link application programs written in C++, C, and assembly
- Load, run, step, halt, and set breakpoints in application programs
- Read and write data and program memory
- Read and write core and peripheral registers
To Install the USBi Board:
- Connect the USB cable to the USBi Board a spare USB port on your PC.
- The Windows “Found New Hardware Wizard” will launch.
- Choose “Install from a list or a specific location” and click “Next”.
- Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” and Check the box for “Include this location in the search.”
- Press the “Browse” button and locate the appropriate driver file in the SigmaStudio application folder (default folder is C:\Program Files\Analog Devices Inc\Sigma Studio\USB drivers): Select the CyUSB.inf file.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if you're prompted with “This software has not passed Windows Logo testing.”
To communication between SigmaStudio and the USBi board, a communication channel block must be added to the Schematic design. To locate the block, select the Hardware Configuration Tab, int the ToolBox or Tree ToolBox window choose the “Communication Channels” category, and select the USBi block.
This block provides connections for multiple processors (ICs / DSPs), allowing you to use multiple processors in a single design. This block allows you to explicitly specify both the communication protocol (SPI or I²C) and the part's address, I²C address or SPI clatch line. The DSP hardware's address must match the block's selected address for communication to function properly. See the parts data sheet for more information about addressing (e.g. ADR_SEL, ADDR0, or ADDR1 pins). The default USBi protocol is I²C, to enable SPI, you must first select an SPI address in the block's drop down menu and then perform three write operations (e.g. press the write button the Register Read/Write Window 3 times). The USBi hardware has LEDs which indicate the current mode, I²C or SPI.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.