Application Notes (6)
AN-931: Understanding PulSAR ADC Support Circuitry
(pdf, 299 kB)
This application note discusses in general the pitfalls that occur regularly when using SAR ADCs and, more importantly, how to easily prevent them.
- AN-742: Frequency Domain Response of Switched-Capacitor ADCs (pdf, 401 kB)
AN-501: Aperture Uncertainty and ADC System Performance
(pdf, 227 kB)
A Key Concern in IF Sampling is that of Aperture Uncertainty (Jitter)
AN-389: Using Sigma-Delta Converters-Part 2
(pdf, 590 kB)
When to Use/How to Use Sigma-Delta ADCs; Continuation of Part 1 Discussion.
AN-388: Using Sigma-Delta Converters-Part 1
(pdf, 590 kB)
When to Use/How to Use Sigma-Delta ADCs
AN-283: Sigma-Delta ADCs and DACs
(pdf, 1699 kB)
Overview of Sigma-Delta Concepts: Oversampling, Noise Shaping Using the Sigma-Delta Modulator, Digital Filtering and Decimation.
Design Handbooks (3)
- MT-020: ADC Architectures I: The Flash Converter (pdf, 1544 kB)
- MT-021: ADC Architectures II: Successive Approximation ADCs (pdf, 3799 kB)
- MT-022: ADC Architectures III: Sigma-Delta ADC Basics (pdf, 289 kB)
- MT-023: ADC Architectures IV: Sigma-Delta ADC Advanced Concepts and Applications (pdf, 936 kB)
- MT-024: ADC Architectures V: Pipelined Subranging ADCs (pdf, 1039 kB)
- MT-025: ADC Architectures VI: Folding ADCs (pdf, 823 kB)
- MT-026: ADC Architectures VII: Counting ADCs (pdf, 50 kB)
- MT-027: ADC Architectures VIII: Integrating ADCs (pdf, 235 kB)
- MT-028: Voltage-to-Frequency Converters (pdf, 377 kB)
- MT-030: Resolver-to-Digital Converters (pdf, 57 kB)
Fundamentals of Designing with Analog to Digital Converters
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: an update to The Fundamentals of the Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) webcast, including basic ADC architectures, understanding ADC errors, how to read an ADC data sheet, and how to choose the right ADC. Includes the latest on ADC products and technology.
Demystifying the JESD204B High-speed Data Converter-to-FPGA interface
This webcast will provide an overview of the JESD204 standard from its original version up to the current "B" revision. In addition, common "high-performance metrics" that are associated with high speed serial interfaces such as JESD204 will be described. Topics covered in this webcast will also be useful for applications that use similar high speed serial interfaces.
Webcast: The Latest on Driving ADCs Differentially: Part 2
This is the second of a two-part series addressing how to select the right differential ADC driver for your design. In part one we looked at the basics of driving ADCs, including errors in sampled data systems (such as distortion and noise) ENOB, differential signaling definitions, and advantages of ADC driver architectures. This month we will take these basic concepts and use them to make the driver selection and design driving circuits.
Analog Dialogue (2)
Front-End Amplifier and RC Filter Design for a Precision SAR Analog-to-Digital Converter
by Alan Walsh, Analog Devices, Inc. (Analog Dialogue, Vol 46, December 2012)
Which ADC Architecture Is Right for Your Application?
by Walt Kester, Analog Devices, Inc. (Analog Dialogue, Vol 39, June 2005)