Analog Devices’ D/A Converter Improves Television Viewing Experience
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today introduced a D/A converter that brings the future of television to today's home viewers, enabling them to enjoy ultra-high-definition (UHD) and 4K television across more channels at unprecedented streaming and download speeds. The new AD9162 D/A converter represents a breakthrough for the industry because it provides broadband and wireless service operators with the industry’s highest bandwidth and dynamic range to satisfy rising consumer demand for higher quality, always-on data and video streaming without requiring expensive, large-scale architecture or converter design changes.
- View product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www/analog.com/AD9162
- Learn about Analog Devices’ D/A converter product portfolio: http://www.analog.com/en/products/digital-to-analog-converters/da-converters.html
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters/high-speed_dacs
The 16-bit, 12-GSPS AD9162 converter’s best-in-class 2.5-GHz bandwidth exceeds the 1.794-GHz optional future requirement specified by the cable industry’s DOCSIS 3.1 standard by nearly 40 percent. The wider bandwidth affords cable operators the ability to plan next-generation network upgrades and capacity expansions without changing converter designs, which reduces product development time and engineering resources.
The AD9162 converter’s industry-best dynamic range (-82-dBc SFDR at -167-dBm/Hz NSD) allows designers to synthesize signals across a wide frequency spectrum from direct-to-RF up to 6 GHz. In wireless applications, this eliminates an IF-to-RF up-conversion stage and local oscillator generation, reducing base station component count, size and power consumption. The AD9162 supports all wireless communications infrastructure protocols (WCDMA, LTE, LTE-A, point-to-point), enabling advanced multiband and multi-standard radio designs.
Additional Features and Benefits
The AD9162 converter features a 2x interpolator (FIR85) that enables configurations for lower data rates and converter clocking to reduce overall system power and ease filtering requirements. In mix-mode operation, the RF D/A converters can be configured to reconstruct RF carriers in the 2nd and 3rd Nyquist zones up to 7.5 GHz while maintaining exceptional dynamic range.
AD9162 NA 12 GSPS 6 GSPS DC to 2.5 GHz DC to 6 GHz 1.5 to 7.5 GHZ
Pricing and Availability
Packaging AD9162 Now Now $150 8 mm x 8 mm CSP-BGA
11 mm x 11 mm CSP BGA
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
EngineerZone is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.
Read and subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
Editor's Contact Information
- Linda Kincaid