Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX8989 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the MAX8989 step-down converter with linear bypass regulator. The EV kit operates from a 2.7V to 5.5V power supply or battery. The output regulates to twice the voltage at REFIN (0.2V to 1.7V) and provides up to 2.5A drive capability.
- LTE, WCDMA, GSM, and EDGE Cell Phones/Smartphones
Features & Benefits
- PA Step-Down Converter
- 25µs (typ) Settling Time for 0.4V to 3.2V Output-Voltage Change
- Dynamic Output-Voltage Setting from 0.4V to VIN
- 85mΩ PFET and 100% Duty Cycle for Low Dropout
- 2MHz Switching Frequency
- Low Output-Voltage Ripple
- 2% Output-Voltage Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Tiny External Components
- 2.5A Output-Current Capability
- Simple Logic On/Off Control
- Low 0.1µA Shutdown Current
- 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- Thermal-Overload Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
MAX8989 Reliability Data1/12/202330K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.