MAX34440: PMBus 6-Channel Power-Supply Manager Data Sheet (Rev. 4)3/10/20160M
Features and Benefits
- 6 Channels of Power-Supply Management
- Voltage Measurement/Monitoring
- Differential 12-Bit 1% Accurate ADC
- Min/Max Threshold Excursion Detection
- Supports Current Monitoring with External Current-Sense Amplifier
- Automatic Closed-Loop Margining
- Programmable Up and Down Sequencing
- Power-Good Output
- Voltage Measurement/Monitoring
- Supports Up to Eight Temperature Sensors
- Two Remote Diode Temperature Sensors
- Five Local Temperature Sensors
- One Internal Temperature Sensor
- Fault Detection on All Temp Sensors
- PMBus™-Compliant Command Interface
- I2C/SMBus-Compatible Serial Bus with Bus Timeout Function
- On-Board Nonvolatile Fault Logging and Default Configuration Setting
- No External Clocking Required
- +3.3V Supply Voltage
The MAX34440 is a complex system monitor that can manage up to six power supplies. The power-supply manager monitors the power-supply output voltage and constantly checks for user-programmable overvoltage and undervoltage thresholds. It can also margin the power-supply output voltage up or down to a user-programmable level. The margining is performed in a closed-loop arrangement whereby the device automatically adjusts a pulse-width-modulated (PWM) output and then measures the resultant output voltage. The power-supply manager can also sequence the supplies in any order at both power-up and power-down. With the addition of an external current-sense amplifier, the device can also monitor currents.
- Base Stations
- Industrial Controls
- Network Switches/Routers
- Smart Grid Network Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX34440 Reliability Data1/12/202320K
Choose the Right Power Supply for Your FPGA10/10/2012
Power-Supply Solutions for Altera FPGAs4/24/2012
Power-Supply Solutions for Xilinx FPGAs4/24/2012
Tools & Simulations
MAX34440 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.