Features and Benefits
- Sequence, Trim, Margin and Supervise 16 Power Supplies
- Manage Faults, Monitor Telemetry and Create Fault Logs
- PMBus™ Compliant Command Set
- Supported by LTpowerPlay® GUI
- Margin or Trim Supplies to 0.25% Accuracy
- Fast OV/UV Supervisors Per Channel
- Coordinate Sequencing and Fault Management Across Multiple LTC PSM Devices
- Automatic Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Operate Autonomously without Additional Software
- Internal Temperature and Input Voltage Supervisors
- Accurate Monitoring of 16 Output Voltages, Two Input Voltages and Internal Die Temperature
- I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- Can Be Powered from 3.3V, or 4.5V to 15V
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Available in 144-Lead 15mm × 15mm BGA Package
The LTM2987 is a 16-channel μModule® (micromodule) Power System Manager used to sequence, trim (servo), margin, supervise, manage faults, provide telemetry and create fault logs. PMBus commands support power supply sequencing, precision point-of-load voltage adjustment and margining. DACs use a proprietary soft-connect algorithm to minimize supply disturbances. Supervisory functions include overvoltage and undervoltage threshold limits for sixteen power supply output channels and two power supply input channels, as well as over and under temperature limits. Programmable fault responses can disable the power supplies with optional retry after a fault is detected. Faults that disable a power supply can automatically trigger black box EEPROM storage of fault status and associated telemetry. An internal 16-bit ADC monitors sixteen output voltages, two input voltages, and die temperature. In addition, odd numbered channels can be configured to measure the voltage across a current sense resistor. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity for a stalled condition and resets the microprocessor if necessary. A single wire bus synchronizes power supplies across multiple LTC Power System Management (PSM) devices. Configuration EEPROM with ECC supports autonomous operation without additional software.
- Computers and Network Servers
- Industrial Test and Measurement
- High Reliability Systems
- Medical Imaging
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The DC2023A is a demonstration system for the LTM2987 16-channel I2C/SMBus/PMBus power system manager with EEPROM. The LTM2987 monitors and controls 16 power supply rails. The DC2023A demonstrates the ability of the LTM2987 to sequence, trim, margin, supervise, monitor, and log faults for 16 power supply rails. Each power supply channel’s output voltage is monitored and the LTM2987 monitors its own internal die temperature.
Application Notes (6)
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
Reference Designs (1)
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with Intel PSG to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications.
- The validated power solutions include uModules power products that address time and space constraints while delivering high efficiency, reliability, and low noise.
- The actual power tree represents the best solution at time of design.
- A recommended power tree has also been included to present the ideal solution at time of Stratix 10 GX PCIe development kit release. An updated alternate version of the power tree represents the latest solutions available from Analog Devices. For many applications, an intermediate rail is not ideal, so recommendations an alternate power tree that allow for direct power conversion from 12V input is provided below.
Product Selector Card (2)
Technical Articles (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.