Features and Benefits
- Unique Symmetric Floating Gate Driver Architecture
- High Noise Immunity, Tolerates ±10V Ground Difference between Input and Output Grounds
- 100V Maximum Input Voltage Independent of IC Supply Voltage VCC
- 6V to 14V VCC Operating Voltage
- 4V to 14V Gate Driver Voltage
- 0.8Ω Pull-Down, 1.5Ω Pull-Up for Fast Turn-On/Off
- Adaptive Shoot-Through Protection
- Programmable Dead-Time
- Three-State PWM Input with Enable Pin
- VCC UVLO/OVLO and Floating Supplies UVLO
- Drives Dual N-Channel MOSFETs
- Open-Drain Fault Indicator
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 12-LEAD MSOP
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC7060 drives two N-Channel MOSFETs in a half-bridge configuration with supply voltages up to 100V. Both high-side and low-side drivers can drive the MOSFETs with a different ground reference, providing excellent noise and transient immunity.
Its powerful 0.8Ω pull-down and 1.5Ω pull-up MOSFET drivers allows the use of large gate capacitance high voltage MOSFETs. Additional features include UVLO, Three-State PWM input, adjustable turn-on/-off delays and shoot-through protection.
- Automotive and Industrial Power Systems
- Telecommunication Power Systems
- Half-Bridge and Full-Bridge Converters
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit DC2886A is a high power, high efficiency six-phase bidirectional converter featuring the LTC7871 and LTC7060. The terminals labeled VHIGH and VLOW are either inputs or outputs depending on the direction of power flow. When the switch at SW1 is in the BUCK position, VLOW provides a 14V output and VHIGH is the input with a range of 30V to 70V. When the switch is in the BOOST position, VHIGH provides a 48V output and VLOW is the input with a range of 10V to 14V. The maximum VLOW current is 180A in both directions. The maximum output power is 2.5kW when operating as a buck within the input voltage range. When operating as a boost, the maximum output power is 2.4kW when the input voltage is 14V. External airflow is required when operating at maximum power. The MOSFETs in each phase are driven by the LTC7060 half bridge driver. Each LTC7060 gate driver is placed next to the MOSFETs and receives a PWM signal from the LTC7871.
The inductor current for each phase is sensed with a low 1mΩ sense resistor using a highly accurate AC/DC current sensing architecture with low power dissipation. The LTC7871’s constant-current loop provides a DC current limit for the current flowing in or out of the VLOW terminal depending on the state of the BUCK pin. This current can be programmed with the SETCUR pin and monitored with the IMON pin.
The DC2886A provides a SPI compatible serial port. With a DC2026C (Linduino® One) demo board and QuikEval™ software on a host computer, the user can:
- Margin the regulated VLOW or VHIGH up or down.
- Margin the DC current limit up or down with the SETCUR pin.
- Adjust the frequency spread and modulation rate of the spread spectrum circuit, when spread spectrum is enabled.
- Monitor the operational status and faults of the LTC7871.
Additional features of the DC2886A include:
- Pin selectable light load operating modes
- Buck: FCM, pulse-skipping and Burst Mode® Operation
- Boost: FCM and pulse-skipping
- SYNC and CLKOUT pins
- Optional jumper to enable spread spectrum modulation
- RUN, FAULT, PGOOD and PWNEN pins
- BUCK pin to externally control the direction of power flow
- Footprint for an optional heatsink
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.